This beautiful Butter Pecan Fudge is inexpensive and easy to make using simple ingredients and is sure to impress, it is the perfect gift!
In a few days I will be hosting my very first Cookie Swap! One of the best things in the Christmas season.
And with it being nice and close to Christmas we should all still have plenty of goodies left to last through the holiday.
Sugar being my passion I am going all out for the sweets selection!
First up is an assortment of fudge. If you have never made fudge, this is an easy no fail recipe. It is a great way to add something different to your cookie tray.
One of my go to recipes for fudge is Butter Pecan. Rich and buttery, creamy and luxuirous.
Sure to be a favorite with everyone.
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, cream and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, add the vanilla.
- Stir in the icing sugar until smooth.
- Fold in pecans.
- Spread into a buttered 8-in. square dish.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cut into 1-in. squares.
- Store in an airtight container.
Butter Pecan Fudge
In a large saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, cream and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, add the vanilla. Stir in the icing sugar until smooth. Fold in pecans.
Spread into a buttered 8-in. square dish. Cool to room temperature. Cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container.