Dean and Heather got married and the weekend was fantastic!
The weather could not have been more perfect, the menu was outstanding, and love was in the air.
I was so excited when I was asked to do the cake, and of course immediately began planning. Because the only thing better then doing a cake, is doing a cake for friends! Trusting friends, who gave me complete design control. The only request was that it be vanilla.
I went with a traditional butter cake with a vanilla buttercream filling. Covered with a vanilla almond flavored marshmallow fondant. Gerbera daisies, traditional daisies, carnations and statice top it of beautifully.
Perfect for an outdoor afternoon wedding.
- 1½ cups of butter, room temperature
- 2½ cups of granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour pans.
- In a mixer bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Mix flour with baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture alternately with milk, starting with the flour.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Loosen sides and remove.
- Cool completely before decorating.