Some nights there is nothing better than breakfast for supper. Especially when you have an easy flavourful dish that takes simple baked eggs to the next level of deliciousness.
I found this recipe on sweetsugarbean and knew immediately I would be making it. Please do stop by Renee’s site and check out all her fabulous recipes.
The only changes I made were to use mozzarella. I would have used Reggiano Parmigiano if I had some available. I used chopped green onion in place of the of chives.
- 4-5 slices prosciutto
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan, or Gruyere, or cheese of your choice
- black pepper
- chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- Line 2 ramekins with prosciutto. I had 2½ slices in each.
- Crack an egg in each ramekin.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp cream in each.
- Top with cheese and pepper.
- Bake in the center of a preheated 375*F oven, for about 10-15 minutes, depending on how well done you like your eggs.
- Sprinkle the chives.
Crack an egg in each ramekin. Drizzle 1 tbsp cream in each.
Top with cheese and pepper.
Bake in the center of a preheated 375*F oven, for about 10-15 minutes, depending on how well done you like your eggs. Sprinkle the chives.
The prosciutto gives it just the right amount of saltiness. The addition of the cream mixed with the mozzarella gave the eggs a fantastic creaminess.
To have eggs that are a touch runnier start checking them around the 8 -9 minute mark.