These Lentil Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are inexpensive and easy to make and are sure to become a favourite!
I love Twitter!
I have met so many fantastic people there. And I love being part of the many Twitter parties that are held by bloggers, businesses and brands.
I mentioned the cool Twitter party gift I won from Canadian Lentils a few posts back when I featured my Lentil Chili. Well I have been playing around with lentils again and made a variation of a recipe that is in The Big Book of Little Lentils cookbook that I received as part of my gift.
This time we are going sweet with some cookies! And they are beyond fantastic.
For this recipe you need to make a lentil puree. That is simply cooking lentils until they are done then pureeing them in a food processor. I didn’t add any extra water to the cooked lentils.
Lentil Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¾ cup of butter
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoon of vanilla
- ¾ cup of green lentil puree
- 1½ cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of quick cooking oats
- 1½ cups of chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven for 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together the sugar and butter.
- Add the egg just until blended.
- Add vanilla and lentil puree mixing well.
- Sift the flour, salt and soda together.
- Add it one third at a time to the butter sugar mixture.
- Mix on low until just blended.
- Add the peanut butter and give it a few stirs.
- Now add the oats and chocolate chips and cinnamon, stir until combined.
- Scoop out one generous tablespoon of dough for each cookie onto parchment lines cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until the bottoms are lightly browned. Do not over bake.
Preheat oven for 375 degrees F.
Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until the bottoms are lightly browned. Do not over bake.
I am already thinking about the next time I make them which is soon as I still have a bowl of lentil puree in the fridge. I will substitute the white flour with oat flour. And I plan on adding some toasted pecans for a bit of nuttiness.
And tonight, I made a batch of lentil brownies! They are still cooling but I have high hopes that they will be just as amazing as the cookies.
I seriously can’t get enough these days! I love lentils.
These cookies sound amazing – so unusual and such a great way to sneak in a healthy ingredient. I’ve been experimenting a lot with lentils lately, too, and am learning all kinds of new ways to cook them. Haven’t tried cookies yet, but you’ve got me inspired!
They really were fantastic!
The great thing about lentils are they can carry any flavor you choose to add to them so the possibilities are endless.
I also made brownies which were even better then the cookies!
Post to come shortly.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Let me know what kind of cookies you come up with.