These Lentil Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are inexpensive and easy to make and are sure to become a favourite!
I love Twitte!
I have met so many fantastic people there. And I love being part of the many Twitter parties that are held by bloggers, businesses and brands.
I mentioned the cool Twitter party gift I won from Canadian Lentils a few posts back when I featured my Lentil Chili. Well I have been playing around with lentils again and made a variation of a recipe that is in The Big Book of Little Lentils cookbook that I received as part of my gift.
This time we are going sweet with some cookies! And they are beyond fantastic.
For this recipe you need to make a lentil puree. That is simply cooking lentils until they are done then pureeing them in a food processor. I didn’t add any extra water to the cooked lentils.
Lentil Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¾ cup of butter
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoon of vanilla
- ¾ cup of green lentil puree
- 1½ cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of quick cooking oats
- 1½ cups of chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven for 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together the sugar and butter.
- Add the egg just until blended.
- Add vanilla and lentil puree mixing well.
- Sift the flour, salt and soda together.
- Add it one third at a time to the butter sugar mixture.
- Mix on low until just blended.
- Add the peanut butter and give it a few stirs.
- Now add the oats and chocolate chips and cinnamon, stir until combined.
- Scoop out one generous tablespoon of dough for each cookie onto parchment lines cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until the bottoms are lightly browned. Do not over bake.
Preheat oven for 375 degrees F.
Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until the bottoms are lightly browned. Do not over bake.
Tonight, I made a batch of lentil brownies! They are still cooling but I have high hopes that they will be just as amazing as the cookies.