These simple to make keto friendly Everything Bagel Crackers only have 6 ingredients with the versatility to play with the flavours to create your favourite gluten free snack.
Keto Friendly Snacking
I am always looking for keto friendly snacking ideas. The best way to stay on track is to plan ahead to avoid reaching for unhealthier options.
With simple ingredients you can add many different stir in and topping to customize your crackers.
Looking for something sweet, skip the salt and use 1/2 teaspoon of sweetener of your choice. Top it with a few dashes of cinnamon and any topping for a sweet snack.
Savoury stir ins & toppings:
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- curry powder
- Italian Seasoning
- seeds like sesame, flax or chia
- finely shredded parmesan
Sweet stir ins & toppings:
- 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite sweetener
- nuts finely chopped pecans or toasted slivered almonds
The flour used in the base recipe is almond flour. It is a great gluten free and keto friendly option when looking for alternate flours. This is NOT a substitute for white flour. White flour contains gluten which creates texture and rise in bread. Nut flours will not act the same as traditional white flour.
I grind my own almond flour in my food processor. Purchased almond flour is a bit finer, grinding your own at home works just as well.
Simply mix together the almond flour, ground flax, garlic powder, salt and 6 tablespoons of water. Stir well until the dough comes together.
Place the dough ball onto a piece of parchment paper. Top it with another piece of parchment. Roll the dough out to an 1/8 of an inch thick. Score the dough into crackers. Sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning. Lightly press it into the dough.
Bake at 350C for 20 – 25 minutes.
Everything Bagel Crackers
- 2 cups of Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Combine the almond flour, ground flax, salt, garlic powder and water together in a bowl.
- Stir well to combine.
- Place the cracker dough onto a large sheet of parchment paper.
- Top with a second sheet of parchment.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough out to an ⅛ of an inch thick.
- Using a sharp knife score the dough into crackers.
- Liberally sprinkle with Everything Bagel seasoning and lightly press it into the cracker dough.
- Bake for20 - 25 minutes.
- The thinner edges my brown faster than the center crackers.
- Start checking for doneness at the 20-minute mark.
- Remove the finished edge pieces and pop the cookie sheet back into the oven.
- You may need to remove the edge pieces a few times near the end of the baking time.
- Allow to cool and store in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Have fun with the toppings, use things like sesame seeds, nuts, freshly grated parmesan cheese or any sweet or Savoury flavours.
Be sure to stop over and check out these Keto Crackers. They are seed based and use both almond and coconut flours. Definitely a great addition to your keto friendly snacking selection.