These beautiful Pumpkin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are a tender gluten free bar featuring simple inexpensive ingredients!
Just the name alone Pumpkin Peanut Butter Oatmeal bars, where can you go wrong. More like where can you go right!
This little gem comes from Averie over at Love Veggies and Yoga.
It is a fantastic recipe with many different variations, using more or less of what you enjoy the most.
For the first batch I use the main recipes and I added a 1/4 cup of dark chocolate mini chocolate chips and a 1/4 cup of regular sized butterscotch chips. It turned out quite light and soft. A very tender bar. If it had cooked it a few minutes longer with would be more firm, I was just cautious to not over cook it and have it too hard or dry. The addition of the chips was nice but I think for the second batch I will go with the main recipe plus raisins and a touch more cinnamon.
I like a bit more chew to my bars and the raisins will add just the bite I am looking for.
Plus, omitting the chocolate chips will also result in a firmer bar. I also used one cup of white sugar in the first batch as I just ran out of brown.
For the second batch I used one cup of brown sugar and a half cup of raisins.
I really enjoy it without all the chocolate chips. It is a touch more firm and has that granola bar flavor, which I espically enjoy!
Which ever variation you try, it will be hard to stop at just one! And before I forget to mention, these are gluten free!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups oats - whole rolled, not quick cooking
- 1 cup brown sugar - packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice - reduce/increase to taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon - reduce/increase to taste
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- options: raisins, chocolate, white, peanut butter or butterscotch chips. Up to a half cup.
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir by hand.
- Spread batter into a foil-lined and spayed 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan.
- Bake at 350F for 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- They will continue to set up as they cool.
- Allow to cool very well before slicing.
- Store in the fridge