If you are looking for a unique twist on a snacking idea look no further.
The sweet and savory touches of these pistachios are outstanding! Really they are like nothing I have tired before.
I have always been a huge pistachio fan and have an intense love of curry so it seemed like a great fit. The addition of brown sugar adds just the right amount of sweet and balances out the heat from the cayenne. Truly quite spectacular.
You will notice when they are baking the aroma of the coconut oil is quite prominent and fills the kitchen with the most wonderful smell.
- 3 cups of pistachios
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- a few dashes of cayenne powder
- In a medium saucepan heat the curry powder, coconut oil, maple syrup, salt and cayenne over low heat.
- Pre heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the oil syrup liquid is warm add the pistachios and stir to coat well.
- Pour the nuts into the cookie sheet and pop into the over to roast.
- Stir a few times to assure the entire the coating on the nuts dries.
- When they look dry remove them from the over and sprinkle liberally with the brown sugar.
- Give the cookie sheet a shake to coat all sides of the nuts.
- Allow to cool completely.
Store in a sealed container.