Crusing around the internet this afternoon I came across a recipe that looked too good to not try.
I am currently battling a dislocated rib in my back so I am trying my very hardest to not move around much. So that means long drawn out afternoons of taking pictures is out of the question.
Simple is the word of the day.
Doesn’t mean it can’t be fabulous though! Right.
This is an adaptation from the recipe I found on Poormet – A Poor Man’s Feast.
Oven Baked Fries
- 5 -6 medium potatos
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- ¼ teasppon of celery salt
- pinch of cayenne
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil
- generous pinch of sea salt
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- Wash potatoes well.
- Slice length wise into even slices.
- Now cut the slices into fries.
- Place the oil and seasonings into a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes and toss to coat well.
- Using tongs, remove fries from the bowl and place on a foil lined sheet.
- Leave any extra oil in the bowl and make sure the fries are not crowded.
- Too much oil on the cookie sheet will result in soggy fries.
- Bake for 25 minutes then flip and bake for another 20.
- When done, remove fries from oven and finish with a generous pinch of sea salt.
You can really play with the flavors of the herbs and spices you add to the oil. Experiment and have fun. You really can not go wrong with any combination.
Spicy Chipotle Mayo
1 Chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce, chopped fine
Chipotle Smoked Paprika
Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. Allow the flavor to combine before serving.