Spicy Roasted Chickpeas are a wonderful crunchy snack, inexpensive and very easy to make with spices found in your pantry.
Looking for something healthy to snack on I hit the world wide web.
I came across some recipes for roasted chickpeas.Those nasty hard yellow things my auntie would put in her salads. My memories of chickpeas were not ones of love. But tastes change and I had to give them a second chance.
Between the roasted chickpeas and the hummus it has become one of the most consumed legume in my home.
I like using canned chickpeas but you can buy them dry and soak them to make them tender. They are very inexpensive and quite versatile.
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 3 -4 tablespoons of vegaeable oil
- garlic powder
- celery salt
- Place the chickpeas in a colander and rise well.
- Shake well to remove as much water as possible.
- Place into a large bowl and drizzle with oil.
- Season well with the spices above and feel free to add others that you enjoy to the mix
- Pour onto a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Roast at 450 degrees for up to 45 minutes.
- Stir every 15 minutes.
. Use as much or as little as you would like though do be cautious if you use cayenne, it can go from mildly warm to on fire when you use to much.
I like to finish them with a nice pinch of sea salt.