Rhubarb Marmalade is the perfect blend of orange and rhubarb, highlighting the best of the season!
Easy to make using a food processor it truly is a no fail recipe. It is a unique way to use rhubarb for longer term storage and even a sweet gift at Christmas!
After a good scrub, cut the oranges into quarters and grind them until they are a just a tiny bit chunky.
The oranges, rhubarb and sugar go into a large pot to simmer for an hour or so until thick.
Ladle into hot sterilized jars. Clean the rim of the jar then apply lids and screw bands just until finger tight.
Finish in a hot water bath canner for 10 minutes.
Allow to cool! Can be enjoyed immediately.
- 6 cups of rhubarb - sliced
- 2 naval oranges - scrubbed and quartered or 1 naval orange and 2 small lemons
- 6 cups of sugar
- In a medium sized pot combine the rhubarb and sugar.
- Using a food processor grind the oranges (including the rind) until they are the desired consistency.
- Add the oranges to the rhubarb sugar mixture.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for one hour stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture reaches the desired consistency ladle the marmalade into hot sterilized jars.
- Clean the jar rims and apply new lids and screw bands until finger tight.
- Process in a boil water bath in a large canner for 10 minutes.
You could substitute a 2 lemon in place of one orange for a tangy twist.
Looking for information on growing Rhubarb? We have you covered in our garden section in this post about Growing Rhubarb at home!
And this outstanding Rhubarb Crisp has been the most requested recipe this season!