This classic quick bread that I first discovered at my Aunties kitchen table was one I instantly fell in love. The tender slices with chewy bites of walnut were like nothing I had ever had before.
When I moved out on my own it was the first quick bread I began to experiment with when I was learning to bake.
It is still a favourite with my family, a bread I bake weekly we enjoy it so much.
One Bowl Recipe
Prep for this is quick and easy using one bowl, you can use a mixer or do it by hand. Once the batter is mixed stir in any of your favourite additions, walnuts, pecans, blueberries, even chocolate chips.
I hope your family enjoys is as much as we do!
- 3 over ripe bananas
- ½ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup of melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of add ins (optional) eg: walnuts, pecans, blueberries, chocolate chips
- In a medium sized bowl or the bowl of your mixer mash the bananas.
- Add the egg, sugar, melted butter and vanilla mixing until incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, again, mixing until incorporated.
- Now add your add ins stiring to blend into the batter.
- Scrape the batter into a 9x3 loaf pan that has been buttered or sprayed with non stick spray.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 1 hour our until a toothpick tested in the centre of the bread comes out clean.
One last note, for a different take on your Sunday morning French toast, substitute Banana Bread for an amazing twist on breakfast or brunch!